Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Top Spot on Google!

I just done a Google search on People String using "internet marketing and networking newbie" and the top 4 spots are all about my blog in one form or another.

So my research is paying off.

The 3 most important things I have done so far is, join Ping.fm and add all my services to it, added my blog to about a dozen blog directories, and started link sharing to get backlinks.

You can find a list of the top 50 blog directories HERE

You too can start link sharing by checking out Link Market. There is link to this site in my sidebar.

Oh and one more important step I took that I almost forgot about.

Meta tags!! Use this handy generator to generate a meta tag for your website or blog place it in the right spot.

Meta Tag Generator

Once you have your meta tag go to this site to learn where to place it.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    I see you are serious about learning internet marketing. To get more traffic to your site, you not only need to dominate Google, but you need to have a good Alexa.com ranking. My first blog went from 12,000,000 in Alexa when I first started it and now it is in the top 600,000 blog sites. If interested, check out my blog at http://debikonnerth.biz/blog. I'd love a chance to mentor you and make you another Newbie Superstar!

    To your success,
    Debi Konnerth

    ReplyDelete